Four Elemental Tools for Your Altar
How many of you work with magick? Do you have an altar set up for your work? It's nice to have a special place to go when you want to work with energy. An altar is a great place to raise energy and hold onto the energy you want to work with more.
You will find that most altars include an Athame, Pentacle, Wand, and Chalice. How many of you know why? In many traditions, they represent the four elements. The Athame, dagger, or sword represents the Fire Element. The Wand represents the Air Element. The Pentacle represents the Earth element. The Chalice represents the Water element. In some traditions, you may see the Athame representing Air and the Wand representing Fire. In my practice, I use them the first way I mentioned. If you want to enhance the energy of the elements on your altar, you can place additional items that correspond to the elements on your altar. Think about things like feathers for air, stones for earth, a candle for fire, and anything else that you can think of. Have fun with it! This is your special space!
For those of you who work with the tarot, you will find it Interesting to note that the tarot card suits follow this correspondence as well. Often in tarot decks, you will find the swords represent air, and the wands represent fire. To me, it's easier to think of wands as the suit of inspiration, that passionate fire for things in life. Swords often represent communication, and if you aren't careful with your words, they can cut. This is how I used to remember them when I was learning tarot.
I’ve found that an Athame is typically used more in solitary practice, and a sword is more often used when in a coven. It doesn’t have to be that way. It’s just something I’ve observed through the years. I always mention that every tradition has different methods and ways of seeing and doing things. I believe in always going with your intuition and what feels most comfortable for you, as that is what matters most when raising your energy and intent.
You will find that most altars include an Athame, Pentacle, Wand, and Chalice. How many of you know why? In many traditions, they represent the four elements. The Athame, dagger, or sword represents the Fire Element. The Wand represents the Air Element. The Pentacle represents the Earth element. The Chalice represents the Water element. In some traditions, you may see the Athame representing Air and the Wand representing Fire. In my practice, I use them the first way I mentioned. If you want to enhance the energy of the elements on your altar, you can place additional items that correspond to the elements on your altar. Think about things like feathers for air, stones for earth, a candle for fire, and anything else that you can think of. Have fun with it! This is your special space!
For those of you who work with the tarot, you will find it Interesting to note that the tarot card suits follow this correspondence as well. Often in tarot decks, you will find the swords represent air, and the wands represent fire. To me, it's easier to think of wands as the suit of inspiration, that passionate fire for things in life. Swords often represent communication, and if you aren't careful with your words, they can cut. This is how I used to remember them when I was learning tarot.
I’ve found that an Athame is typically used more in solitary practice, and a sword is more often used when in a coven. It doesn’t have to be that way. It’s just something I’ve observed through the years. I always mention that every tradition has different methods and ways of seeing and doing things. I believe in always going with your intuition and what feels most comfortable for you, as that is what matters most when raising your energy and intent.
Have a magickal day!
Much Love and Many Blessings,
Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.